1. Attract New Clients (Conversion Tool)
A video that’s front and center on your website that captures what you’re all about. The right video will help differentiate and convert new clients.
“Every Pet, Every Person, Every Time”, Logan Animal Hospital
- Don’t focus on your building, services offered, or equipment.
- Instead, build trust by focusing on your passion, your staff, and your expertise.
2. Retain Existing Clients
Stay top of mind with ongoing social media videos.
“What Did You Do with Your Pet over the Weekend?”
- Keep these fun and engaging, not promotional – just staying top of mind
- Target lapsing patients with Facebook ads (create an audience using email list)
3. Increase Compliance
If a patient is diagnosed with an ear infection, send them home with a video demonstrating “how to clean your pet’s ears.”
“How to Clean Your Dog’s Ears”
4. Improve Client Experience
Display video content on a lobby or exam room TV.
- Use a mix of entertaining and educational content, not heavily promotional
- Curated content is better than live TV (no political ads!)
- Computer connected to TV using Powerpoint or Keynote
- Inulogica (formerly Pet Cause Media)
- Veteos On-Demand
*Also see our blog post about this topic for additional ideas.
5. Raise Awareness
Share videos that raise awareness about important topics, despite not having enough time in exam rooms to cover everything.
6. Humanize Your Brand
Highlight a topic or story that your staff is passionate about.
7. Demonstrate Your Expertise
Demonstrate your staff’s expertise in interesting and fun ways.
8. Communicate “What to Expect”
Help clients know what to expect with a video that communicates the process. This can also help with increasing consistency in messaging and reduced exam room / followup call time.
9. Energize Your Staff
A video that captures your values and the “why” behind those values will also energize your staff.
10. Recruit New Staff
A video specifically designed for new veterinarians and technicians can be a helpful differentiator in today’s job market. Video is also great for capturing the intention behind trendy words like “mentorship” and “work-life balance”.
“Ralston Vet: A Different Kind of Work Environment”
Additional Video Ideas
- Build a relationship with a local news station to be their go-to source
- Video SOPs
- Before and after video for medication or treatment (ex. skin)
- A day in the life (good for client-facing and for recruiting)
- Video showing how daycare assessments are done
- Video from a pet’s perspective
- How pets perceive fear / Fear Free
- Videos highlighting ancillary services
- DVM bio videos – include with confirmation emails
- Client endorsement
- “Pet of the Month” videos – visit this page for a tool that’ll help you create these videos, for free!